Monday 10 November 2014

Aged Canvas for Rubber Dance


I've been at the lemon juice again folks! This time I used a burning technique (really old school!) to age a mini canvas then layered the stamped image on top using tissue paper and gel medium. This is my latest DT make for Rubber Dance.


Here's what the canvas looked like before the tissue - I rubbed and flicked it with lemon juice and then heated it until the juice burned (this takes some patience so stick with it). It burns more in some areas than others depending on the concentration of juice and the heat applied.

When this was dry I layered it with a piece of stamped tissue (Archival Ink) applied with gel medium - the canvas shows through in places giving a great aged effect.


To finish I inked the edges and added some speckles of Walnut Stain Distress Spray.

The stamps are Da Vinci by Rubber Dance and are fast becoming a favourite. I have always loved Leonardo and combined with my love of vintage it's a match made in heaven :).

Bye for now - see you very soon,

Katy x



5 comments:

  1. Love your gorgeous canvas.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! I have never tried that technique but it sure sounds like fun - and the result is super cool! Thank you for using my stamps again! :-)
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you aged the canvas. This is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet it smells lovely in your house Katy. Great technique perfect for these vintage stamps.

    ReplyDelete