Andy Skinner and Tracy Weinzapfel are hosting a joint challenge on their Facebook groups (Andy Skinner and Friends and Tracy Weinzapfel Studios Mixed Media), daring their followers to create a piece of art that combines both of their styles in some way.
This is my entry and below is a brief step out of how I created it. I was influenced by one of Tracy's favourite colour palettes - blues and greens with a red heart and I added bubble wrap printing and a inspirational words also in homage to Tracy. I've used Andy's techniques on my piece - including stamping into modelling paste and mega crackle.
Most of the products are of course from DecoArt and here's what I used:
- DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics: Pyrrole Red, Cadmium Orange Hue, Cobalt Teal Hue, Cobalt Turquoise Hue, Primary Cyan, Green Gold, Quinacridone Burnt Orange, Metallic Gold, Payne's Grey, Blue Green Light
- DecoArt Media: Modelling Paste, Crackle Paint, Ultra Matte Varnish
- DecoArt Weathered Wood
- DecoArt Metallic Lustre: Silver Spark
- Stampendous Andy Skinner stamps: Toxic
- Stampendous Natalie Kalbach stamps: Marks
- Rubber Dance stamps by Katy Leitch: Affirmations
there's a video here.
I am really pleased with my piece - hope you like it!