Tuesday 14 June 2016

Stampendous Nathalie Kalbach Hop - Elephants on Parade!



All this week Stampendous are having a blog hop along with Nathalie Kalbach to showcase some of her gorgeous Stampendous stamps!

Here's todays hop list:

Katy Leitch - you are here!
There are three lucky commenters during the hop that will each win a prize package that includes all three of Nathalie Kalbach’s Foam, Cling Rubber and Stencil Stamp sets. This is open to everyoneTo be eligible comment on each blog post on the Stampendous blog and that of each designer’s blog post on the hop this week. Give a shout out to your place of residence, we want to see how far our hop goes around the world! We’ll announce winners on Monday June 20.
***

So for the hop today I've been having some fun with Nathalie Kalbach's Elephant stamp set (the set contains a foam stamp, a cling stamp and a stencil) - what a cutie he is!!! I've created two cards which are quite different - one clean and simple, one lush and richly decorated.

The above card was created very simply - I sponged the plain side of the foam stamp with three colours of paint before stamping the image on a white card blank. I then stamped the cling image over the top in black ink. The card is simply finished with a printed greeting, doodled border and gemstone eye.




My second card was inspired by the colours of Indian fabrics. My background is created by painting ColourArte Silks in three colours over a piece of Mixed Media card. When dry I stencilled over with Radiant Gels (which is a thick lustrous gel). I used the stencil from the set for this.

I then stamped the elephant onto purple cardstock with Versamark and embossed him with Pirate Gold embossing powder, before applying him to the card with 3D foam tape.

Finally I edged the card with purple paint and added a little shadowing beneath the elephant with charcoal pencil.

Hope you love heffalump as much as me!

Katy x


Products used:
Stampendous products:

NKCFS01 Nathalie Kalbach Elephant Foam, Cling and Stencil set
EP102 Stampendous Metallic Embossing Powder Pirate Gold

Other:
Card 1:
White 5x7" card blank
Pink, purple and lime acrylic paints
Black gemstone
Black inkpad
Black fineline pen
White gel pen

Card 2:
ColourArte Silks - Mango Mamba, Spiced Pumpkin, Solar Gold
ColourArte Radiant Gel - African Jade
My Colors cardstock - Grape Vine
DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics - Dioxazine Purple
Gold gem
3D foam tape


49 comments:

  1. Love both cards! Great colors on the elephants!! The stencil used on the second card was perfect to enhance the elephant. Thx for sharing your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards. Especially love how you did the backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these pachyderms! Fabulous colors and oh my is the gold embossed one my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the elephants.. makes me wish I was going on a safari!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this fun elephant card--love the colors! Sending crafty hugs from Tuscaloosa, Alabama!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two gorgeous elephants- the pink elephant is inspired and white on purple elephant is royal on the elegant background!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love both your cards Katy, perfect to showcase the set of stamps and stencils and the various possibilities with the same !! Hugs from India, love the rich background on the second card !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Katy, I so love your cards- the rich colors - yummy!!! Thank you for being part of the hop!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your first card is beautiful but that second one is just stunning!! I love the gold on the purple and the stenciling. It really looks so rich and color intense. WOW! Hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are just WONDERFUL! Your color choices are inspired - I love it all Katy!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adore this! Perfect use of the stamp! I love Natalie's stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This elephant is divine! Love both cards, especially the 2nd one with the stencil work (it's gorgeous!).

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am quivering with delight at this gorgeous creation! It looks like it is a fine silk! Absolutely gorgeous!
    We don't see many elephants here in Vermont but if we did I would love to see one that looks like this! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your use of the elephant. Your cards are very India in color. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I collect elephants (not live ones - but I kind of wish I could).
    I have the perfect spot to put this elephant on a burlap bag
    that I've been saving for a long time.
    the coloring is wonderful on the elephants.
    The second looks a piece of a hanging that's in my favorite
    Thai restaurant.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. WoW! That second card is super fabulous!! Someone is going to be sooo happy when that lands in their box! - FL

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your cards are gorgeous!!! I love them and they really look great with your fabric too :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the purple on both cards and how you changed up the elephant stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, love the coloring
    on both of these cards,
    but the first one is
    my colors!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  20. Both of these cards are so colorful. Love the elephants.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous cards! Love those regal elephants!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great projects Katie, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  24. The colors are so vibrant!
    Myriam from Quebec, Canada

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is gorgeous ! I love the texture and colours!
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. so beautiful Katy - and it was lovely to meet you again at the weekend! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a beautiful card. I love your colors. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Two lovely cards. The second one is my favorite though
    as I just love the coloring of the elephant and the background.
    One thing I have learned is that you don't have to use the
    whole stamp to make a great card. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I like elephants and these are fun.

    ReplyDelete
  30. The first card is just darling Katy but the second card.... WOW WOW WOW. Talk about an EXQUISITELY GLORIOUS elephant card - WOW - I don't think there WAS such a thing until NOW and YOU created it. This is seriously the most BEAUTIFUL elephant card I have ever seen. Dear me - you made a home run for sure with Nat's stamps - just INCREDIBLE. Xj.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hey Katy! Lovely cards! So fun to be in this blog hop with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Both cards are lovely...b

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love the elephant, my mom used to collect them.

    ReplyDelete
  34. The second one is my favorite. Love the textures and the colors are wonderful together. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  35. WOW - such pretty purple pachyderms!!!
    LOVE the colours and textures, LOVE the fabric in the background of your photos too!!!
    Tracy from Australia

    ReplyDelete
  36. Loved both of your cards, but the second one blew me away. It is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  37. not sure which i love more!! can i have them both??? lol

    ReplyDelete
  38. My favorite card is the second one Love the background color

    ReplyDelete
  39. Beautiful projects. I love the multi colored elephant. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  40. Cool projects!
    Lilian (Maryland, USA)
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love all things Elephants! Great pieces shared.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Great colors and textures with that wonderful elephant stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Both your cards are really cool. I love the coloring on the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Both your cards are really cool. I love the coloring on the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  45. I loved both elephants. Your choices wre very Indian! (at least that is what it looks like from Hillsboro, Oregon.

    ReplyDelete
  46. I loved both elephants. Your choices wre very Indian! (at least that is what it looks like from Hillsboro, Oregon.

    ReplyDelete