Tuesday 16 August 2016

Mixed Media Card for Susan K Weckesser


I use paint on my art journal pages all time, and I thought why not use the same techniques to create a card? I think the painted panel makes a fun and dynamic background for the focal fox image.


Here's how I made it:

1 Create a painted background by swiping paint across a piece of card with a baby wipe. Add some white areas with a credit card.

2 Stencil the loops with Susan's Doodle stencil, followed by the X design in red. When dry stencil the numbers in modelling paste.

3 Add blobs of grey paint with the rubber end of a pencil and doodle over them when dry. Stamp the Going Wild wording over the background repeatedly as shown, using just the arrow part around the edges.

4 Colour the fox with pens (I used Graph It markers) and add him on 3D foam pads.

5 Mat the panel to grey card. Stencil a border with grey ink onto a card blank and glue the panel in place above.

Thanks for stopping by today - see you soon I hope.

Katy x

Susan K. Weckesser products used:

Unity stamp: Going Wild









Doodle Stencil for TCW

1 comment: