Monday 18 April 2016

Imagine Journal Page


If you love art journaling then don't miss out on stamps from Visible Image. They have some fantastic mark-making images and some amazing quotes too. Perfect for art journals!

My basis for this page is DecoArt Media paints again - my go-to product for my journals. It stamps over really well too :).


I've got a complete step-out for you today - enjoy!

1 Colour a page loosely with DecoArt Media paints - I used Primary Yellow, Cobalt Turquoise Hue and Green Gold. I mixed the paints with Tinting Base to create softer colours. Apply with a paintbrush and try not to over-mix.

2 Add some areas of 'neat' Cobalt Turquoise Hue once the first layer is dry - I used my finger for this.

3 Use the Orbital stamp to add some circles - use a permanent ink.

4 Go over the circles with white gesso to create an opaque base.

5 Colour the circles with a mix of Cadmium Red Hue and Pyrrole Orange.

6 Use a stencil (Andy Skinner) and white gesso to add more detail.

7 Re-stamp the circles again over the painted areas in black permanent ink.

8 Outline the circles with a Stabilo All pencil and blend out with water and your finger. This just adds depth and helps the circles to pop off the background.

9  Stamp the phrases into place with black ink. Add some stamping to the edges using blue ink and the Edgy stamp.

10 Add more detail with bottle lids dipped in gesso.

11 Finish the page by adding some small areas of black stenciling and smudges of black paint on the edges.

Hope you like my colourful page today - here are the stamps I used.
Katy x





No comments:

Post a Comment