Today I am sharing my first make with the Something Fishy set of stamps I created recently for Rubber Dance. It's a page for my journal and an important reminder to always be myself - even if that means going against the flow.
I love anything to do with the seaside so I was very happy when Bibi wanted to make these little lovelies into stamps; I hope you like them as much as I do.
Here's how I made the page!
1) Drag various watery colours of Distress Ink randomly across coated or glossy card - make sure you start with the lightest colour - and blend quickly with a paper towel (this idea stolen from my friend Debbie Martin - thanks Debbie!).
2) Stamp the circles (Rubber Dance) in blue ink and wipe again to 'blur'; add more circles with a darker colour and do the same again.
3) Stamp the right facing fishy in black Archival Ink, towards the bottom of the page. Add lots of left facing fishes to make a shoal of fish. Add a light touch of silver paint to the images to give them the shimmery look of real fish.
4) Stamp the right facing fishy again onto a separate piece of card and colour with yellow shades of Distress Marker. When dry, add a touch of gold paint and glue the fish in place.
5) Finish the page with stickers and a hand cut arrow.
Hope to see you soon :)
I used these awesome Rubber Dance stamps:
Something Fishy (by ME!)
Round in Circles