Wednesday, 6 September 2017
...from my lovely friend Deborah Wainwright! If you are looking for something a little different, look no further! I love the originality of Debs' designs and I've used her Boho-Jane stencil to make a journal page.
Here's how I made it:
1) Create a background by dipping some mixed media card into pools of Distress Oxide Ink. Keep some areas of white space.
2) Stencil the face in black permanent ink.
3) Fussy cut the Printables sheet and give her a floral hairdo! Add further flowers bottom left to complement. Doodle over the flowers.
4) Use paint pens to go over the stencil lines to give them real definition. Add pink pen to the lips and white paint pen to the eyes. I added gold pen to her facial details and nose piercing. Extend the neck with black pen.
5) Finish with a stamped sentiment (also by Deborah Wainwright for Rubber Dance) and doodled border.
You can buy the stencils in Deborah's Etsy store here.
For this piece I combined the stencil with one of my Printables - Flowers #1 - available here in my new Etsy store.
Thanks for stopping by,
Sunday, 3 September 2017
A new challenge blog has launched this week, Mini Album Makers' Challenge, dedicated to the art of book making. I've been inspired by Seth Apter in my creation, who is the sponsor for this month's challenge. It's based on a tiny album he created a while back. I adore dinky things so was inspired to make my own, incorporating his dies and stamps, of course!
I've made a wee video so you peek inside.