Gingersnaps challenge this week is 'Notions' and here is my contribution. It's an altered tin to keep my 'special' buttons in - all the lovely vintage ones that are really too nice to use!
Here's what I did:
1) My tin was silver so I first coloured the areas which would be seen with gold Krylon pen.
2) I then used gel medium to adhere a torn scrap of old yellowed sewing pattern tissue to the lid.
3) I stamped the Hero Arts stamp (Simple Handmade set), trimmed, tearing one edge, and sponged with Antique Linen.
4) I stamped the dress form and label (7 Gypsies) onto Basic Grey Basics paper, cut out and added. I coloured the base of the dress form in pencil to match.
5) I embellished the tin with buttons tied with Stampin' Up linen thread, crochet trim, a tape measure cut from Cosmo Cricket paper (thank you Nix!) and MM letter stickers.
I hope you like my example and will play along with our challenge. Thanks for stopping by :)