Wednesday, 2 February 2011

UKS Weekly Challenge

With apologies to my very dear friend Paula for a slightly unflattering photo of her pouting (she has seen it and, yes I have been told off LOL), here is my weekly challenge LO for UKS. The leaf sprays (Cricut) have a smattering of PP Mist in Heirloom Gold. This may be my new favourite product. It is to die for, so much sparkle! The title is on my new TH die - this is what happens when I don't get crafting stuff for Xmas - I feel the need to shop in Jan... The new Bubbly Funk shop is soooooooooooooo not helping me to cut back! The papers are very old, might be Scenic Route I think.

In line with the challenge (use ribbon but not in the form of a bow) I have attempted to make my own 'rose' embellishment using running stitch to gather a piece of sheer ribbon and a piece of crochet ribbon and layering them. Not sure how well it worked but it is a darn sight better than my last attempt which shall never be spoken of again (Sue, I am looking at you!).

7 comments:

  1. So glad you have said out loud that the Utee stunning rose was a joint effort Ms Katy.

    LO is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your post Katy and your LO as well, fab pictures. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous layout (as always)

    ReplyDelete
  4. PUCKER UP MY FRIENDS--GREAT LO KATY--LOVE THE STITCHING AND YOUR RIBBON ROSE TOO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout! Love the balance of the colors and the wonderful use of space!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd like to invite you to add your banner to our Digital Scrapbooking Topsite. It's free to sign up. Hope to see you there


    Free Digital Scrapbooking

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful LO katy and I love your gorgeous ribbon flower...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete