Wednesday 25 June 2014

The Birds Part Two


Pretty amazing week so far with awards from both Frilly and Funkie and Virginia's View for my artwork - feeling humbled and energised by that recognition!

Playing with bird stamps again! Got these from my lovely hubbie for my birthday - Tim Holtz's Bird Feathers set. Remember the vintage notebook cover that I binned? Well I decided to give it another go! Once again I went for a flat, practical finish but added a metal token for a little texture.


It's practically all Tim's stuff - Distress Inks, Layering Stencils, Stampers Anon stamps...... I was inspired by playing with the Layering Stencils, which were the subject of Tim's Tags this month, so I am entering this into the A Vintage Journey - Wings & Things Challenge.

Thanks for visiting!
K x

14 comments:

  1. I love the layering of the stencils and the subtle feathers:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors you have chosen. Although you say it is flat, it seems that the birds are coming off the page . Very nice!! Thanks for traveling with us here at A Vintage Journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's gorgeous I love the stamps and if you want to bin this one, fling it my way please ;) Elizabeth xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really lovely and the contrast of the deep blue of the birds against the lighter green background is spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful colours which are so soothing and those are such lovely bird stamps.
    I so love journals.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  6. congratulations on your awards Katy, love the colour palette you've used for your cover and those gorgeous birds. Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful layering, lovely project and congrats on your awards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cover is beautiful Katy and I love the colour on those lovely birds. Great stenciling in the background too. Thanks for joining in our challenge at A Vintage Journey. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous piece Katy! The word listen makes me want to stop and listen to the birds and watch them going about they're business. Love the stenciling in the background too. Congratulations on your awards, truly deserved. Karen.x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful book cover - lovely use of the stamps, and the green is so gentle. Thanks so much for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A subtle contrast of stamping and stencilling to produce a gorgeous cover Katy. Thanks so much for joining us at A Vintage Journey. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a lovely cover Katy, beautiful mix of stencilling on the background and the two birds are from one of my favourite sets. Mo x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous, Katy!

    ReplyDelete