Friday 26 September 2014

Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers Blog Hop


My first DT blog hop - how exciting! This blog hop is between Rubber Dance and the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers. The Sisterhood is a fab challenge group with a healthy dose of attitude - love it!


I used the Sarcasm Superpower stamps to make this fun journal page. I stamped with real lemons to create the page which was great fun! I let the cut lemon dry out a little before I used it (you want it to dry out slighly but not shrivel). For the cut-out lemons, I stamped with Archival Ink and then blended over the images with Squeezed Lemonade Distress Ink. MAKE SURE you apply the ink to a heat proof mat and pick up the ink with the lemon from there - you don't want to get lemon juice onto your inkpads! For the background I sprayed a variety of citrus inks before adding stamping with the Rubber Dance Diamonds background and the lemon again, this time in green. All finished with that wonderful Sarcasm Superpower sentiment!

This awesome set of quirky Sarcasm Superpower stamps from Rubber Dance is up for grabs in the hop! Simply leave a comment on each blog in the hop for your change to win!

Sarcasm Superpower set

Your next stop on the hop is: Gabriele

Here's the link list in case you get lost along the way ;).
Happy hopping and good luck in the prize draw!

Katy x

26 comments:

  1. This is brilliant. I think stamping with actual lemons must make this even snarlier! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You used real actual lemons??? What a freakin' great idea!! Love the background!!
    Thanks for hopping with the sisterhood :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had lemons - you used lemons! Terrific idea! Looks so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE THIS! The lemons rock! and so does the background you mounted them on! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. You stamped with fruit? I've used okra before, but now I must try a lemon!!! And yeah, what's up with no limes?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is AWESOME! Love that you stamped with an actual lemon!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We could start a new craze with the Lemons
    Stamp 'n' Sniff instead of scratch and sniff !
    Reminds me of school days when we did potato printing !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well how creative are you to use real lemons on this lemony good card?! I love the fabulous background you've made, and I've got the knife in my hand ready to slice 'em up - where's the T?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with many commenters - that is a very clever idea to stamp with real lemons, Katy! :-D You card is very nice. I love the background, so rich and full of texture. I also like how you cut the sentiment apart and placed it like that instead! Niiice!
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous background and super cool idea to use real lemons, not heard that before. Excellent. :o))

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stamping with lemons is such a brilliant idea!! The card is gorgeous, it has one of those backgrounds which look so simple when you look at it quickly but when you start really taking in all the detail you realise so much work has gone into it. It's the kind of background I wish I could do but they never turn out gorgeous like yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nope, never would have thought of that technique. Fabulous results stamping with those lemons. I think the slices look fantastic! Now I want to know what happens if you get lemon juice on your ink pad.

    Thank you for joining the Snarky Sisterhood for this blog hop. I think it is so fun to see what everyone makes when they use the same stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Where is the tequila?! Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. When I looked at your card the first thing a thought was; wow, those stamps look like real lemons! LOL, you did make them with real lemons! Your background is pure perfection! Fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card with fabulous colors! This is one cool sentiment set!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Me likem lemons...nice card and good luck with the HOP!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. so clever..kind of a scratch and lick thing :P Does it taste of the tequila also? FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey this is my motto! Love margaritas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Brilliant use of the lemons! Love how this turned out and so fab with the sentiment. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stamping with real lemons? OMG THAT IS GENIUS!!! I love the detail it gave!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this Katy - How fab to stamp with real lemons! They made gorgeous images - I bet your card smell fab too! x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great job. I love what you did with the sentiment and the colours used.

    ReplyDelete