Tuesday 24 February 2015

Botanical Tag for Rubber Dance


Been playing with my Inktense Pencils and Antique Botanicals stamps for this week's Rubber Dance DT make. I went for a simple tag that's very flowery indeed!

My background is stencilled with a woodgrain effect then layered over with a trellis die cut. I then simply coloured, cut and layered the various flower and butterfly images. I used PinFlair glue to give the blooms a bit of oomph.


I'm getting grips with my Inktense Pencils now and I really love the vibrancy and how well they blend. I've discovered the type of card used can make a big difference to the end result too. They don't really like coated card much. I used a waterbrush for my blending - super quick and easy - I coloured this lot while I sat in front of the TV! :)

Hope you like my little hint of spring!

Katy x

I used these lovely Rubber Dance Antique Botanicals stamps for my make (created by moi!):

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful tag, Katy! I have fallen in love with these stamps, they are absolutely gorgeous and the details are amazing! I use my Inktense pencils and waterbrush, too, and I prefer to work on a smooth-ish watercolor paper. Love the layers of flowers you did here! :-)
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katy I am loving the way you have layered these flowers for your tag, its just gorgeous! I love my inktense pencils too.......I am actually contemplating trying the blocks also. TFS xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so beautiful Katy!!! I also love your stamps! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your stamps Katy - I used them for my Unruly contribution - such a pretty tag!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning! I really admire your work and am happy that we'll be working together! Helene

    ReplyDelete