Tuesday 24 March 2015

Deja Vu?


Today's make for Rubber Dance is just a quick one but it has a short story behind it. A while ago I made an altered book (below) for Unruly Paperarts and as it was quite a complex project I ended up with quite a few elements which were spares or rejects along the way.


Sometimes when I finish a larger project I challenge myself to use up what's left on my desk to create another item - I can't bring myself to throw these bits away but if I don't use them while they are still to hand the chances are I won't use them at all. This tag is the outcome of one such challenge.

The background on my tag is made from the pieces I cut out of the book to make the niche, simply collaged into place. The main leftover element is the Da Vinci image - I'd originally stamped her on vellum and coloured the reverse with markers but in the end I decided on a paper version for my book, leaving the vellum one spare to adorn my tag.

Just a tiny insight into my creative process!

See you soon,
Katy

I used these gorgeous Rubber Dance stamps for my tag:

Da Vinci

Flourishes

Vintage Script

4 comments:

  1. Your tag looks great, Katy! It's a brilliant idea to challenge yourself. I have problems to store my scraps... I should do a challenge every second day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even your quickies are amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tag, Katy! I love the book you made, and now I love that tag as well. There's something about that arch form that really appeals to me, and of course the Da Vinci woman - she's gorgeous! I agree with the comment above - even your quickies are amazing! ♥
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tag, Katy! I love the book you made, and now I love that tag as well. There's something about that arch form that really appeals to me, and of course the Da Vinci woman - she's gorgeous! I agree with the comment above - even your quickies are amazing! ♥
    xox

    ReplyDelete