Thursday 11 February 2016

Distressed Journal

 

Just a quickie post today - a vintage style journal I made. I kept it nice and flat so it's practical to use as I intend to write my notes in it. My fave blue and brown combo is making an appearance again!


Here's how I made it:
1) Collage a background using elements cut from Tim Holtz papers. Cover it with gesso, thinned down so you don't obscure all the detail.

2) Add Distress Inks in Stormy Sky, Broken China, Gathered Twigs and Walnut Stain. Add background stamping (PaperArtsy) with Walnut Stain and also Archival Inks in black and Potting Soil,

3) Stamp journal (PaperArtsy) onto a scrap of card and ink it up, Mat with scraps of book page. Stamp the boy (Paperbag Studios) and colour him too. Outline him with Stabilo All pencil and a water brush. Embellish with metal pieces to finish,

That's it for today :). See you soon!
Katy x

2 comments:

  1. Katy, this is a fabulous background and works so well with this amazing boy image. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous work Katy - love that colour combo! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete