Friday 23 September 2016

Death Becomes Her for Paperbabe Stamps


Well how lucky am I getting to play with the brand new releases from Paperbabe stamps (click the link to go to the Paperbabe blog for more inspiration)! 

As soon as Kim showed me the Day of the Dead inspired face stamps I HAD to say yes to creating a piece for her. I am no artist so rather than try to create realistic hair and skin I decided to go a bit Gothic and make a piece of Halloween art. I've been very much inspired by Kim's work with her substrates and stamps for this piece so I can't really take much credit - but it does show how easy it is to learn from her and create your own artworks even if you can't draw for toffee!

I combined the Mini Female Face set and the new Sugar Skull set to construct the face. I stuck to a white, black and red palette, using shades of grey for the eyes.

Because I love a bit of the macabre I used the blood drips around her neck and painted a 'slash' line with red and grey paints above.

The layered flowers are painted in two tones of red and finished with gems.

I painted the large MDF panel silver then used the new Roses stencil with silver embossing paste (Dreamweaver) over the top. I aged the silver with black Archival Ink applied with a sponge. Scraps of grey netting add to the aged effect.

Her hair is simply painted black then stencilled with cobwebs in silver embossing paste.


Hope you like my spooky portrait. I had a ton of fun making it! Pop over to the Paperbabe blog for more inspiration with the new releases.

All Paperbabe goodies can be purchased here - the new releases are available from tomorrow, 24th September.

See you soon!
Katy x

5 comments:

  1. Just LOVE her, all the yummy techniques and the clever use of all the substrates are fantastic! The colours, the textures, wow Thank you <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely , I adore the colour and splashes if red. The blood drips are clever. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning and love the flowers and blood drips

    ReplyDelete