Tuesday 28 February 2017

Stampendous Stencil Week - Vintage Box


This is one of my favourite Dreamweaver stencils and I love the vintage look of it on my altered box. This project started life as a cheap plywood box from the craft store, transformed with a little paint and Embossing Paste into a treasure box fit for something special!

Stampendous products used:
Dreamweaver Antique Keys Metal Stencil (FMFMS4053)
Dreamweaver Embossing Paste: Copper, Gold

Other:
Metal embellishments
Treasure Gold Gilding Wax
Brown paint



Here's how I made it:
1) Paint the box with raw umber paint all over. Wipe back in some areas to distress.
2) Place the stencil on top of the box -stencil through with both Copper and Gold Embossing Pastes, randomly applying them and allowing them to mix in places. The stencil doesn't quite cover the box so I waited for that to dry before adding additionally stencilling in the gap.
3) Add gilding wax around all the edges using your finger - I used a gold and copper shade to match the embossing.
4) Finish with metal embellishments (I also treated these with a little Treasure Gold).

Thanks for visiting!
Happy creating,
Katy x


2 comments: