Wednesday 6 September 2017

Stunning New Stencils...


...from my lovely friend Deborah Wainwright! If you are looking for something a little different, look no further! I love the originality of Debs' designs and I've used her Boho-Jane stencil to make a journal page.

Here's how I made it:
1) Create a background by dipping some mixed media card into pools of Distress Oxide Ink. Keep some areas of white space.
2) Stencil the face in black permanent ink.
3) Fussy cut the Printables sheet and give her a floral hairdo! Add further flowers bottom left to complement. Doodle over the flowers.
4) Use paint pens to go over the stencil lines to give them real definition. Add pink pen to the lips and white paint pen to the eyes. I added gold pen to her facial details and nose piercing. Extend the neck with black pen.
5) Finish with a stamped sentiment (also by Deborah Wainwright for Rubber Dance) and doodled border.


You can buy the stencils in Deborah's Etsy store here.


For this piece I combined the stencil with one of my Printables - Flowers #1 - available here in my new Etsy store.


Thanks for stopping by,
Katy xxx

3 comments:

  1. I love how you have used Jane with your printables she looks amazing. Gorgeous make Katy, thank you for making her so beautiful. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely use of Deb's beautiful stencils, Katy. xx

    ReplyDelete