Saturday 21 August 2010

Something a bit different

This week I fancied having a go at something a bit different and made this domino necklace. I really enjoyed making this, especially as it was super quick to do! I am not a natural at jewellery making as I find it a tad fiddly but these chunky pendants are super easy.I inked the domino with Versamagic Ink, drying with a heat gun between layers. I stamped the dandelion image (Hero Arts) twice in black Brilliance Ink and again dried it by blasting with the heat gun. Then I covered the whole thing in a layer of Stickles so it is super sparkly. To finish I glazed the piece with Glossy Accents and finished the back with a scrap of Basic Grey paper.

I didn't have a jump ring big enough so fashioned a double looped one (for strength) from silver plated wire. I then just added some faux suede cord, cord ends and a clasp :).

Thank you to my pal MJ for the pre-drilled domino :).

K x

13 comments:

  1. cor blimey that is gorgeous :) I find jewellery a bit fiddly too, but you can get some cracking results :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh that looks fabulous!!!!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have seen these before & they always look fab! :)

    well done for having the patience to alter it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous - glad to see you finally making one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful piece!! I've never tried dominoes before - will have to give it a try. Thanks for providing the deets on the different layers you used!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Domino jewellery is great fun to make and yours is gorgeous. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous pendant! Thanks for the inspiration to try this project.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pendant...love the black and green combo and the stickles shimmer. Really fabulous necklace!
    blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous pendant! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thats so pretty:-) love the glitter with the stamping!!

    ReplyDelete