Tuesday 26 July 2016

Owl's House for Susan K Weckesser


Hiya all - Katy here with today's make. I'm continuing the home theme with my little house that's inhabited by this charming owl! Wol is from one of Susan's new Unity releases, Going Wild- isn't she adorable?

Susan K Weckesser products used:
-Unity stamp sets: Going WildIn My GardenFly Away
-Jillian Vance stamp set: Grunge Fun
-TCW Doodle Stencil
-Colorbox Color Pop Ink: Cocoa, Sky

The little house shape was pre-cut MDF and it's been sitting in my 'things to alter' box just waiting for this theme! I started by painting it with chalk paint to give an nice smooth stamping surface.


I stamped a background using the dots from Grunge Fun and yellow ink then stamped the leaves and flower heads from In My Garden. I also stamped a little branch for Owl to sit on. Owl is colored with alcohol markers then cut out and added on foam pads.


I used a Hydrangea StazOn for the flower heads and filled in the dots using the end of an embossing tool dipped into magenta paint.


The roof is made using Susan's stencil to make a scallop which I filled with Colorbox Color Pop ink in Cocoa (it went a lovely warm grey over the chalk paint). I added doodling and dots for detail. I also stencilled a little border along the bottom edge in the same color (see main pic) for balance.


Finally I stamped the cloud and sun from Fly Away. The clouds are stamped with Sky ink and textured with the Grunge Fun set. The sun is coloured with alcohol markers.

Hope you like my happy little house project.

See you soon!
Katy x

Doodle Stencil

Fly Away

Grunge Fun

In My Garden

Going Wild

1 comment:

  1. It's gorgeous Katy and the little owl is adorably cute.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete