I recently got hold of some of the Prima Confections watercolours - and they are NICE! So creamy and bags of pigment, I am rather besotted.
Today's journal page uses these lovelies for a delicate drippy background - the watercolours catch in the texture of the embossing paste and I love the effect.
Here's how I made it - there's a short video on the background and also a step-out below :).
1) Add flowers with texture paste onto mixed media paper. I used Dreamweaver Embossing Paste and the stencil is from Prima.
2) Mix some Prima Confections watercolours with water and apply around the embossed areas. Spritz lightly with water.
3) Repeat and spritz a couple of times, tipping up the paper to create drips.
4) Add some stamping with a Prima stamp and yellow ink.
5) Add a big blob of Prima Heavy Matte Gel with a palette knife down one side of the page.
6) Embed loads of fun stuff in the gel and leave to dry - I used cheesecloth, Frantage and micro beads.
7) Add a strip of lace, a chipboard circle, some pearls and a Tim Holtz Sizzix die cut butterfly. Apply Vintaj Patina metal paint to a bookplate and pen nib and finish the page with these elements.
Hope you like my watercolour page. Am totally in love with the new Prima watercolours!