Friday, 22 July 2016
That's Crafty! Challenge - Birds
It's challenge time at That's Crafty and I'm delighted to have been invited to be on the Challenge DT, making my debut today. The theme for this challenge is birds - I love birds so not too tricky for me this one. You can find all the challenge details here.
Here's how I made my birdie tag:
1) Swipe a white tag with a Tumbled Glass inkpad, applying lightly and randomly.
2) Add details with the That's Crafty stencil and Broken China ink applied through it with a sponge or Cut-n-Dry Foam.
3) Stamp the leaves with Archival Leaf Green.
4) Stamp the birdie and 'Tweet. Chirp' in black onto the tag.
5) Stamp the bird again onto patterned paper, ink with Ripe Persimmon and Mustard Seed inks and add some detail with a white gel pen.
6) Stamp the phrase, edge with Broken China ink and glue in place as shown.
7) Finally, edge the tag lightly with Ripe Persimmon and Hickory Smoke inks.
Products used - all available from That's Crafty:
Carabelle Studios stamps: Dans l'univers des Fuilles by Zorrott
Dina Wakley stamps: Scribbly Birds
That's Crafty Stencil 012: Quatrefoil 2
Distress Inks: Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Ripe Persimmon, Mustard Seed, Hickory Smoke
Archival Ink: Jet Black, Leaf Green
Plus: newsprint-style patterned paper, white gel pen
Thanks for stopping by and good luck in the challenge!