Tickled pink today to have been lucky enough to be picked out of the hat to join the fun with PaperArtsy's 3UP today. I got such a gorgeous bag of goodies to play with and have had fun getting to know my fellow posters better - if you get a chance to put your name forward next time, don't hesitate!
So today I've used a Tando Creative chipboard arch for my garden-themed piece. It uses Fresco Finish paints and stamps by Lin Brown and Darcy. We were asked to use autumnal colours so I have used various shades of brown with orange and berry colours.
I'm joined today by two other fabulous artists taking up the challenge:
Nikki Acton: http://frankieeatsworms.blogspot.co.uk/
Claire Snowdon: http://clairescraftymakes.blogspot.co.uk/
So do check out their blog posts too!
I've done a step out of how I created my piece below:
PaperArtsy stamps: Eclectica Lin Brown 03, 06 & 23; Eclectica Darcy 01 & 09; Hot Picks Xtra 01.
PaperArtsy Fresco Finish paints: Vanilla, Caramel, Toffee, Very Berry, Pumpkin Soup, Hey Pesto
1) Prepare the Tando Arch by priming with Vanilla Fresco Finish. Stamp the background with the circle from the Lin Brown 03 set in Caramel Fresco Finish.
2) Stamp again all over with the same stamp in Toffee Fresco Finish. Create a wash of Vanilla paint by mixing with water and use to tone down the background stamping. Add some foliage stamping directly onto this piece.
3) Prep the frame part of the Tando Arch with Vanilla paint. Use a stencil (Tim Holtz) and Sand Texture Paste (DecoArt) to make a brick effect on the frame.
4 Brush over with Caramel paint leaving some of the Vanilla showing as 'mortar' between the bricks.
5) Paint pieces of paper with Hey Pesto, Very Berry and Pumpkin Soup paints and stamp with images as shown before cutting out.
6) Add detail to the stamped images with pencil. Stamp the tulip heads again and cut out just the central part to create a dimensional aspect to the flower heads.
Assemble the frame adding the cut out elements - raise some on glue gel to give dimension, Add some texture to the frame with the Hot Picks Xtra splatter stamp and finish off with the quote to the right-hand side. I cut out the words individually and lightly edged them with Caramel paint,
Make sure you keep checking back on the PaperArtsy blog this week for more 3UP posts!